Ideal tubing for cell culture
PharMed® BPT Tubing is less permeable to gases and vapors than silicone tubing. It is ideal for cell culture, fermentation, synthesis, separation, purification and process monitoring and control. Independent tests show that PharMed® 65 Tubing is safe for use in sensitive cell culture applications.
PharMed® BPT Tubing has very good general chemical resistance and excellent acid, alkali and oxidation resistance. Opaque to visible and UV light, it helps protect sensitive fluids. Continuous service temperature range is -60°F (-51°C) to 275°F (135°C).
Click here for a .PDF file of Pharmed® BPT Biocompatible Tubing for Peristaltic Pumps and Cell Culture data sheet
For Peristaltic Pumps and Cell Structure
- Outlasts silicone tubing in peristaltic pumps by up to 30 times.
- Can be autoclaved repeatedly.
- Heat weldable for sterile access in closed systems.
- Documented biocompatibility to the ISO 10993 standard.
- Meets USP Class VI, FDA, and NSF criteria.