The strongest, most secure glass elements available, Metaglas® mechanically pre-stressed windows, are now available in a sanitary design for process applications. These new MetaClamp® sanitary sight windows are 3A approved.
Described as offering the optics of glass and the strength of steel, these glass elements provide a level of safety, and a useful service life, well beyond that provided by conventional tempered glass or plastic in sanitary service.
Even at the most extreme temperatures (as high as 536° F) or in overpressure situations, sudden, total failure - that involving leakage or explosive shattering of the glass - essentially never occurs. Also designed to be mounted in-line as a Sanitary Visual Flow Indicator and to accommodate Lumiglas Luminaires, such as the USL33 or USL35 style.
Approvals and Technical Data:
- USP Class VI (tested to confirm biocompatibility)
- TÜV Approved and BPE Compliant
- Sight glass fused to metal conforming to DIN7079
- Borosilicate glass to DIN7080
- Standard surface finish of 10 Ra µ-in (0.25µm)
- Material to ASTM/ASME, TÜV and DIN/EN standards
- Certificate of Conformity to EN 10204-3.1B or 3.1A
- Pressure Equipment Directive 97/23/EG
Because Metaglas® is created with an exterior ring of Duplex Stainless, Hastelloy®, etc., it can be machined to fit many different connection types. A few examples are listed and shown below.
- MetaClamp® for Lumiglas® Lights
- “I” Line Fittings
- Bevel Seat Fittings
- John Perry Fittings
- APV Fittings
- Swagelok TS Fittings
- Tuchenhagen Varivent®
- BBS-Systems’ Quick Connect
- Sanitary in-line sightglass